Barclays Wealth Global Markets 5 - High risk investments
With this Ready-made Investment you’re taking a high level of risk, seeking to achieve substantial long-term growth. Most of the holdings will be in higher risk investments and you may experience considerable day-to-day fluctuations in value. As you’re chasing bigger rewards, there’s also a bigger chance of experiencing losses. With this option, significantly more than half of the fund will be in shares and although there’s some exposure to fixed-income investments, it’s mostly in emerging markets bonds.
Please note: The actual asset allocation may deviate from those weights shown due to intentional shifts we make to take advantage of short-term opportunities and risks, as we see them. View accessible versions of these charts below.
Discrete 5 year performance (%)
|Year from 31 July
The table shows the performance of the accumulation units of the fund. Past performance of investments isn’t a reliable indicator of their future performance.
- The aim is to provide high levels of capital growth over the medium to long term
- Barclays Wealth Global Markets 5 invests in a blend of passive funds to gain exposure to different asset classes from around the world. You can find more about passive and active investments in our FAQ
- We determine the asset allocation using our short-term (tactical) and long-term (strategic) views of the performance of these asset classes
- Identified by us as a market leader in passive portfolio management, we’ve partnered with BlackRock who will implement the fund’s asset allocation weights, as set out by us
What does the investment cost?
Our Growth Investments are an easy way to achieve a diversified portfolio with a total ongoing fee of only 0.65% of the value of your holdings per annum.
This is made up of:
- Fund manager fees (OCF – Ongoing Charges Figure*): 0.45% per annum.
- This is the cost of running the fund and is deducted from the value of the fund, not charged as a cash payment like the customer fee.
- Our Smart Investor customer fee: 0.20% per annum or a minimum of £4 per month.
- Smart Investor transaction fee of £3 each time you carry out a transaction, or only £1 if set up as a regular investment.
*Transaction costs may also be incurred by the fund. These aren’t included in the OCF.
Understanding types of risk
This kind of investment carries various types of risk you’ll need to be aware of.
- With bonds, returns depend on the issuer’s ability to repay them
- With shares, stock markets can be volatile, so prices can change quickly and substantially
- This fund may invest in emerging markets which can mean greater risks than well-developed economies
- Changes in interest rates and currency values also add risk.
There are other risks too that are explained in the Key Investor Information Document (KIID) below. You should read it before choosing to invest in this fund. It contains important information about the fund and its risks.
Remember, the value of the investments can fall as well as rise. You may not get back what you invest. We're not recommending Ready-made Investments as being suitable for you based on your personal circumstances. If you're unsure about this investment’s suitability for you, you should seek independent advice.
Don't have an account yet?
Other investment options
Browse the full range of investments available and access more than 2,000 funds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), investment trusts and shares or view our funds shortlist.
Text only versions of our colour charts
|Fund||Cash & Short Maturity Bonds||Developed Government Bonds||Investment Grade Bonds||High Yield & Emerging Market Bonds||Developed Markets Equities||Emerging Markets Equities|
|Global Markets 1||63.0||8.0||6.0||6.0||13.0||4.0|
|Global Markets 2||30.0||12.0||11.0||12.0||28.0||7.0|
|Global Markets 3||12.0||9.0||11.0||18.0||40.0||10.0|
|Global Markets 4||5.0||5.0||6.0||17.0||52.0||15.0|
|Global Markets 5||3.0||3.0||4.0||10.0||58.0||22.0|
Please note: The actual asset allocation may deviate from those weights shown due to intentional shifts we make to take advantage of short-term opportunities and risks, as we see them.