Remember, the value of the investments can fall as well as rise. You may not get back what you invest. We're not recommending Ready-made Investments as being suitable for you based on your personal circumstances. If you're unsure about this investment’s suitability for you, you should seek independent advice.
About Barclays Ready-made Investments
We’re always looking for ways to help you make your own informed decisions to reach your investment goals. That’s why we’ve partnered with Barclays investment experts to bring you a simple way to build and maintain a diversified portfolio with global exposure, taking into account the level of risk that you are comfortable with. While more risk can offer the potential for bigger rewards, it also increases the chances of losing money, so it’s important to understand the right level of risk for you.
How Ready-made Investments work
Each Ready-made Investment is a choice from a range of Barclays funds that invest in different areas and types of investment around the world according to our Strategic Asset Allocation model. Asset allocation is the way investments are organised across broad types, such as shares and bonds. Our Strategic Asset Allocation model is the mix of assets that we believe has the best chance of achieving specified financial goals over the longer term.
The Barclays team of investment strategists also undertakes day-to-day reviews to monitor developments in markets and the holdings within the funds may be moved away from the long-term mix of assets, to take advantage of opportunities in the markets.
What Ready-made Investments offer
- It’s easy to get started, with a choice of Growth and Income funds available to purchase within an ISA or Investment Account
- Diversification with a level of risk you’re comfortable with – just remember that higher potential rewards tend to mean a greater risk of loss
- Clear and transparent fees: The total ongoing cost for our Growth Investments is only 0.65% per annum based on the value of your holding, For income investments, total costs start at 1.65% per annum. This is made up of:
- Fund manager fees (OCF – Ongoing Charges Figure*): 0.45% per annum for growth investments and from 1.45% per annum for income investments
- Our Smart Investor customer fee: 0.20% per annum or a minimum of £4 per month plus a transaction fee of £3 each time you carry out a transaction, or only £1 if set up as a regular investment.
* This is the cost of running the fund and is deducted from the value of the fund, not charged as a cash payment like the customer fee. Transaction costs may also be incurred by the fund. These aren’t included in the OCF.
A simpler route to investing
It’s quick and easy to get started in three simple steps. To find out more about Ready-made Investments, watch our short animation.
Important information about this service we provide
We’re presenting these funds to illustrate possible investment options, using some funds we think you might like to invest in. We’re not offering advice or recommendations to select any of these funds, nor are we suggesting these funds are the best solution. to provide the kind of returns that we describe.
There are many other options on Smart Investor that could equally or better meet needs than the funds selected as Ready-made Investments. Before making any decisions you should read our investment principles and research the alternatives that could meet your needs.
Ready-made Investments are funds from Barclays Fund Managers and are one of three ways to start an investment search, alongside – ‘Explore the universe’ and the Barclays Funds List.
Select your investment goal
Growth investments aim to grow investment capital.
Income Investments aim to generate a steady and consistent monthly income but that income isn’t guaranteed – it could change.