The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you could get back less than you invest. If you’re not sure about investing, seek independent advice.
13 November 2017
We’ve made several changes to the Smart Investor service we’d like you to know about:
- You can now see the percentage change in your portfolio valuation as a daily change, depending on whether you select the book cost or daily cost
- We’ve introduced the ability to quickly download your portfolio data to Excel, so you can view individual account(s) or all your holdings as a whole portfolio
- We’ve added EPIC codes to the portfolio page, so it’s quicker and easier to navigate to specific shares.
We’ll keep you informed about further advances and developments.
Share your feedback
We genuinely welcome your feedback and ideas and the simplest way to give it is to respond to our survey here.
Thanks for choosing to invest with us and we look forward to bringing you news of further changes in the coming months.
13 October 2017
What’s different on Smart Investor?
One of the reasons for developing Smart Investor was to offer new features and functionality that weren’t available with our previous investment service Barclays Stockbrokers, such as the ability for current account customers to see their Barclays banking products and investments all in one place; the fact you can now buy and sell fixed income online; have the option to receive paperless communications; and can access market information through our Research Centre without the need to log in.
However, we recognise that the move to Smart Investor was a big change for Barclays Stockbrokers customers and it’s taking some time to get used to. And we appreciate there were some features that are being missed because they aren’t available on Smart Investor.
We are grateful for your feedback with regards to these and we do review it. We have some big plans for the future of Smart Investor, which we believe will enhance the service further and we’ll tell you about them as soon as we can.
In the meantime, based on what you’ve told us, there are a number of small changes we plan to implement before the end of the year:
- The choice to choose between daily price changes or long term performance against book costs
- The ability to quickly export portfolio data to Excel
- Clearer presentation of ex-dividend dates on the main portfolio page
- Navigation to specific shares using EPIC codes in the portfolio page
- Enhanced usability around portfolio view re-ranking (for example, by instrument type, by value and percentage change) and the provision of a customised view setting.