What is Barclays Smart Investor?
The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you could get back less than you invest.
Barclays Smart Investor is designed to help you make your own investment decisions so you can achieve your financial goals. Whether you want to generate income or grow your savings, you’ll find an investment account and a wide range of investment opportunities to suit your needs.
We don’t offer personalised financial advice though, so if you’re not confident about making your own investment decisions, please seek independent advice.
While we don’t give advice, our principles of investing are there to guide you through your investing journey and help make you a smarter investor. If you’re unsure about anything, you should seek independent advice.
What we offer:
- Our cutting edge, user-friendly platform, making it easy to execute trades
- Access to essential tools and resources to help you become a smarter investor
- Your investment accounts and bank accounts conveniently in one place
- Our support team on hand to help with any questions, over the phone or through live web chat
- Transparent and straightforward fees so you can see exactly what your investments will cost you
- You can open an account in minutes and pay nothing until you start using the service
- It’s easy to transfer your investments to us. You can do it all online and we’ll even refund up to £500 in exit fees from your old provider.
Bear in mind, your money is at risk when you invest. The value of your investments can fall, and you may end up with less than you invest. Before transferring, check any risks, charges, penalties, benefits you’d lose or investments you can’t transfer to us.
Whether you want to generate income or grow your savings, you’ll find an investment account and a wide range of investment opportunities to suit your needs.
Our principles of investing can help you establish a solid foundation and make sensible decisions.
Set your goals and see your path to achieving them with our Life Planner.
We offer a range of accounts and investments - plus tools to help you choose the ones for you.