We want to make sure you have the best and easiest customer experience possible. Smart Investor, part of our online banking service, has been designed to reduce the time you spend sorting out your finances.
The benefits of managing your account online
- A safe, secure and handy way to access all your documents – 24/7 – securely, and in one place within Barclays Cloud It
- Reduce the clutter, with all your statements and correspondence stored on a safe online hub – you can search easily for specific documents
- We’ll send you an email any time you have a new document in Barclays Cloud It
- Managing your account online and going paperless helps support the environment – and if you want to go back to receiving paper documents in future, you can.
How to update your account details and go paperless
To update your account details, once logged in, in the right-hand corner of the page, you’ll see your name. Click on it to reveal the drop-down menu. Under the ‘Personal details’ column, select ‘Contact details’. Here you can update your email address and marketing preferences. If you want to update your home address and phone number, you’ll need access to PINsentry or call us on 0800 279 3667* or 0141 352 3919*.
To go paperless, once logged in, go to ‘My hub’, then select ‘Investment settings’, and ‘Important documents’. Finally, select the online option. It’s as simple as that. You’ll automatically start receiving paperless statements for that account and we'll let you know each time one is available to view via email.
How do I access my documents?
When you’re in ‘My hub’ – select ‘My Barclays documents’. This will take you to Barclays Cloud It where you’ll be able to see all your documents in one place.
For a list of key documents you may receive, please see our FAQ – what key documents can I receive and how are these sent to me?
How do I set up a Direct Debit to pay fees or make regular payments?
You can do this by following these three simple steps:
- Log in to your account and select the ‘Investments’ tab
- Select 'Investment settings’ from the dropdown menu at the top of the screen
- Select ‘Bank details’ on the following screen and follow the onscreen instructions.
For more information on your nominated bank account, please see our FAQs.
How to contact us
We’ve made it as easy as possible for you to contact us via webchat, secure message or email. Please note that our postal channel may not be available in the future, but you can reach us quickly using any of the ways above.
*Call charges may apply. Please check with your service provider. To maintain a quality service we may monitor or record phone calls.